Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lived A New Life Today....


Like any other normal day at home, my day started at 12 noon. As usual, I had no plans for the day. I took a shower, got ready, had "breakfast"(well, my day just began, it was morning for me!!), and left home. I had no clue as to where I was going. Wasn't even feeling unusually spiritual or anything. And yet there was something different about the day. had this urge to feel happiness around me.

The rain created a beautifully comfortable ambiance. I found myself playing hide and seek with the world, disappearing in the thick mist time and again.

I caught a bus then and decided to go to my dad's office. It started raining heavily. there weren't many people in the bus, but all the seats were occupied. A very old man boarded the bus n like i usually do, i gave my seat to him. He smiled, and kept his hand on my head and blessed me. It felt really good. Gave me a deep satisfaction and a weird happiness. Felt awesome!!

I went and stood near the entrance of the bus. The door was open. The cold wind gently splashed raindrops on my face. I was listening to my favorite 'rainy day' songs when the conductor came to spoil the fun and asked me to close the door. felt like killing him there and then. But then the day was too beautiful n calm to perform that task. So i decided to forgive him and spare his life this time. :P

I got off at the bus stand and walked to the mall. I went into a bookstore and started to browse through books. was checking out Judi Picolt when all of a sudden my eyes fell upon a book that looked really familiar - The Kite Runner. I couldn't resist, I took out the book from the rack and started reading it. I have that book and I've read it a thousand times before, but going through known territories has its own charm.

I didn't realize, but I did that for over an hour when the salesperson got sick of me and chucked me out of the store!! Okay, not literally!! To compensate for the inconvenience I'd caused, i bought a magazine - Osho Times.

Started walking again with the earphones playing my favorite music. It didn't bother me that I didn't have any company. In a way, I was glad to be alone. Didn't make me lonely.

I stepped into CCD then and took a table rite next to the window. A cup of Irish coffee, something to read and a nice lonely corner at CCD - perfect reciepe for a perfect rainy day. Soft music in the background added to my experience. It reminded me of my school days when I used to go there whit a fren of mine to study, and we used to end up chatting about things that had no connection whatsoever with out text books n notes!!

I moved out then, and bought a box of chocolates for some reason... Just felt like doing that...( and that is where, my special someone, went the cash I had kept for the recharge!! Sorry!!) I started to walk towards The IIAS(Indian Institute of Advansed Studies)... And gave a chocolate to every kid i came across!! That is pretty unusual for me coz I'm am "known" for disliking kids!!

At the IIAS, there was a group of guys that commented when they saw me giving a chocolate to a kid. I went to them, looking really angry, I'm not the one that takes shit from anybody!! But don't know what made me do it, my frown turned into a kind smile, and I gave them a chocolte each!! they looked at me with their mouths wide open. I felt funny, strange funny, and happy.

Walked back to the mall then and went to an orphange near Lady Reading(hospital). Deposited rest of the chocolates there, requesting the authority to distribute them among the kids. To my surprize, the no. of chocolates left were exactly double the no. of kids in that institution. The gods wanted to be fair I guess. :)

I walked to my dad's office then and spent a good one hour with him. after which we left for home, picking my mom from the way. Everything felt good. i was happy, happy inside.

For a change, I lived a day, not just spent it.....

1 comment:

aditya said...

A fine read it is !! keep posting .. :)